Patient’s Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
1. Every patient has the right to be treated with courtesy and respect, with appreciation of his or her individual dignity, and with protection of his or her need for privacy.
2. A patient has the right to a prompt and reasonable response to questions and requests.
3. A patient has the right to know who is providing medical services and who is responsible for his or her care, and the right to freely choose health care providers and services. You also have the right to be informed of any limitations the providers may have.
4. A patient has the right to know what patient support services are available, including whether an interpreter is available if he or she does not speak English.
5. A patient has the right to know what rules and regulations apply to his or her conduct.
6. A patient has the right to be given, by the health care provider, information concerning diagnosis, planned course of treatment, alternatives, risks, and prognosis. The patient should participate in planning his or her care and services.
7. A patient has the right to refuse any treatment, except as otherwise provided by law.
8. A patient has the right to be given, upon request, full information and necessary counseling on the availability of known financial resources of his or her care.
9. A patient has the right to receive, upon request, prior to treatment, a reasonable estimate of charges for medical care, medication and supplies.
10. A patient has the right to be informed of any financial benefits when referred to an organization.
11. A patient has the right to receive a copy of a reasonably clear and understandable, itemized bill and, upon request, to have the charges explained.
12. A patient has the right to impartial access to medical treatment or accommodations regardless of race, national origin, religion, handicap, or sexual orientation.
13. A patient has the right to treatment for any emergency medical condition that will deteriorate from failure to provide treatment.
14. A patient has the right to know if medical treatment is for purposes of experimental research and to give his or her consent or refusal to participate in such experimental research.
15. A patient has the right to express grievances regarding any violation of his or her right, through the procedure of the health care provider or health care facility which served him or her. If you have a grievance complaint against Zest of Beauty Clinic please call: 509-491-3308 and ask to speak with Michelle M. Hernandez, Clinic Manager. You have the right to have your grievances properly investigated.
16. A patient is responsible for providing to the health care provider, to the best of his or her knowledge, accurate and complete information about present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and other matters relating to his or her health.
17. A patient is responsible for reporting unexpected changes in his or her condition to the health care provider.
18. A patient is responsible for reporting to the health care provider whether he or she comprehends a contemplated course of action and what is expected of him or her.
19. A patient is responsible for following the treatment plan recommended by the health care provider.
20. A patient is responsible for keeping appointments and, when he or she is unable to do so for any reason, for notifying provider facility.
21. A patient is responsible for his or her actions if he or she refuses treatment or does not follow the health care provider’s instructions. This includes requesting refills for medications prescribed.
22. A patient is responsible for assuring that the financial obligations of his or her health care are fulfilled promptly.
23. A patient is responsible for following health care facility rules and regulations affecting patient care and conduct.